St. Thomas Church was designed and built between 1865 and 1869 by Friedrich Adler. After the Berlin Cathedral, it is the largest church in Berlin, which is particularly striking because of its dome with a height of 56 meters as well as the two 48 meter high towers. The interior of St. Thomas has high ceilings and long reverberation times. The wish of the church congregation was to get a sound system that offers flexibility and perfect speech and music reproduction and can be used for various applications such as prayers or lectures.
As part of this, the church was equipped with a Pan 2-Line system, using the existing 100V cable system for the new main sound system. The side aisle has a new cable system on a two-wire basis, which can be used to supply power to further Pan 2-Line line arrays.