Academie Française, Paris
The Academie Française, known in English as the French Academy, is the pre-eminent French council for matters pertaining to the French language. The academy was officially established in 1635 by Cardinal Richlieu.
Today the Academy is one of five academies comprising the Institut de France. Its members are elected for life. Currently there are 150 full members, 300 corresponding members and 120 foreign associates. They are divided into two scientific groups: the Mathematical and Physical Sciences and their applications and the Chemical, Biological, Geological and Medical Sciences and their applications.
In order to ensure excellent levels of speech intelligibility and strong music reproduction, 8 x Pan Beam PB 08 have been installed in the Academy blending perfectly with the rooms.